An Update for my Friends: Cycle 1
One cycle down! So far, I've taken well to the chemo: no nausea, little fatigue, slow hair loss. Today I attended my grandfather's funeral. A sad occasion, but it was good to see the family. We went to a nice Italian restaraunt afterward and shared in good times over dinner as so often we did at his dinner table. He had a way of bringing the family together in the spirit of merriment. This evening's dinner proved no different, and his presence could be felt in our laughter and revelry.
93, 4 kids, 3 grandkids. I'm exicited to get through these next 5 cycles so that I can continue pursuing a life that I can only hope will turn out to be as complete as my grandfather's.
My thoughts and blessings to you all. I am positive that your good thoughts and vibes have mitigated what negative reactions I may have had to my treament. I can turn my head further to the left more than I've been able to in like two months!
No comments:
Post a Comment